Whether you are considering renovating a single room, or your entire home, the caring professionals at Rancho Cucamonga Remodeling Services understand what a major decision this is. We will work with you through the entire project from beginning to end, to assure your vision becomes reality.
Our company specializes in remodeling kitchens, bathrooms, attics, deck building, window, floor and door replacements, as well as other home renovations in and around the Inland Empire.
Deciding if Remodeling is Right For You
One thing is for certain, remodeling can be a costly investment. In fact, depending on what upgrades are needed, it may be cheaper to move. Sometimes homeowners choose to remodel just to update, and sometimes it is done to increase the home’s value for the purpose of resale.
If your home is showing signs of age or no longer fits your family’s needs, but you have no urge to move from your current location, renovation could be the solution. Homeowners should make a list of all home improvements they would like to make in order of importance. Then, they should set their budget. After these two steps are done, it is time to contact remodeling businesses for estimates.
You want a reputable company with excellent references when taking such a big step. Here at Rancho Cucamonga Remodeling Services, we have a reputation that we are proud to stand behind.All of our workers are registered Home Improvement Contractors.
Benefits of Remodeling Your Home
Whether your plan is a simple home improvement, updating one or more rooms or even adding a new addition, remodeling your home can be a rewarding and profitable experience. This is an investment that can offer you comfort and enjoyment for many years to come.
- The increase of property value. Purchasing a home is probably the most significant investment you will make in your lifetime. Regular upgrades and remodeling your home is a surefire way to increase the value of your home. If the time ever comes that you want to sell your home, this will be attractive to prospective buyers.
- Reduces utility costs. Replacing outdated materials on your home, such as insulation, windows&doors, siding and ventilation can make the house more energy efficient, helping to save on heating and cooling costs.Upgrading appliances will also help.
- Cuts down on maintenance. Handling a home improvement task when it first arises will save significantly on maintenance costs. Something as small a dripping faucet, can cause significant damage over time. Replacing outdated materials and fixtures can prevent future failures.
- Many people choose to renovate certain spaces for their own unique wants or needs. Offices, game rooms, man caves, craft/sewing rooms and play areas are all common custom renovations.
Popular Home Renovations
There are several types of home remodeling and renovation projects. Here are some of the most popular here in Southern California:
- Bathroom remodel
- Kitchen remodel
- Windows and door replacement
- Entire home renovations
- Room additions
- Property damage, abatement, restoration
- Decks, porches, patios
- Exterior siding, brick, stone
- Finished basement
- Finished attic
- New roofing
- Bathroom additions
- Enclosed porches, sunrooms
- Garage addition
- Garage transition
- Second story additions
- Minor changes (cabinetry, lighting, ceiling fans, countertops, backsplash, etc.)
Steps of the Renovation Process
- Hire your remodeling company. As we mentioned earlier, it is vital that you hire a reputable remodeling company that is capable of handling the job. Make sure you find a business that will listen to your ideas and help you prioritize your wants and needs. The construction specialists at Rancho Cucamonga Remodeling Services have the experience and know-how to handles all projects; big or small. We want the end result to be a seamless transition from old to new.
- Work up a plan with your builder. You will need to sit down with the builder to discuss your vision and its feasibility. This discussion should give both sides a deeper understanding of the project details, as well as what realistic budget parameters may be. This will be a good time to get an estimate on everything from demolition, to framing, electrical and plumbing, and materials.
- Obtain building permits. Once the initial design and budget are agreed upon, your contractor will begin the process of requesting a building permit. Each city’s regulations vary, but it is not uncommon for some areas in California to take anywhere from a few weeks to several months to get final approval for building permits. This step must be complete before any work can begin.
- Prepare for remodel. During the time you are waiting for your contractor to obtain the needed permits, you should be getting the space ready for work to begin. Furnishings and personal belongings should be relocated to a safe place. If you are remodeling a kitchen or bathroom, alternative spaces may need to be implemented.
- Prepare yourself for plenty of noise and mess. Covering everything with a sheet of plastic is always a handy idea. The good news, this is the quickest part of the process. It will be over before you know it. Many people prefer to stay in a hotel or with family members during this process.
- Time to rebuild. Now it’s time for the fun part. You will slowly begin to see your dreams become a reality. Your construction team will be super busy during this phase. The crew will be doing things like laying the foundation, constructing the walls, laying floors, building the roof, and installing windows. The plumbing pipes will go in, electric, phone, and cable lines are run, and wiring for heating and cooling systems are installed. Drywall is put in place and finished; cabinets, counters and window trim is installed. Then it is time for the finishing touches. Paint, flooring and fixtures will complete the project.
- Final inspection. Before the city inspector is called out for their final inspection, you will do a walk-through with your builder. At this time you can discuss any concerns you may have and give your final approval.
Remodeling Services in Rancho Cucamonga and the Surrounding Areas
Here at Rancho Cucamonga Remodeling Services, we want your business. We will work with you to earn your trust, like we have with so many previous customers in Rancho Cucamonga and surrounding areas. Feel free to review our portfolio for just a few of our successful renovation projects. We strive to deliver a quality finish and long-lasting results.
Call us today to set up an appointment and receive your free quote!